Prince Harry has found his "spiritual home" in California, a royal expert has claimed.
Bryony Gordon said the Duke of Sussex is enjoying a "sense of purpose" since he moved to the US with his wife Meghan Markle and son Archie.
Writing in the Daily Telegraph, she said: "The anger of the past has gone, and it has been replaced with a sense of purpose.
"California is not just Harry’s physical home for now – it is also his spiritual one, where nobody thinks anything of openly discussing their struggles.
"And the Prince Harry we can’t see is perhaps the one we don’t want to – the one who is getting on just fine, happily following his own path outside the conventions we are used to seeing him in. Hiking.
"Taking the dogs to the beach. Preparing for the imminent arrival of his daughter.
"Speaking his truth in the hope of helping those who are unable to, and not caring how cheesy anyone might think that sounds."
Harry and Meghan have faced criticism for their high-profile public appearances since quitting the Firm saying they wanted to live more private lives last March.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Archewell foundation agrees global deal with huge firm
They gave a damaging Oprah Winfrey tell-all insinuating the Royal Family was racist and continue to embark on a string of lucrative projects.
The Sussexes now live in a $14 million (£9.9m) mansion in Montecito with Meghan heavily pregnant with a baby girl.
Gordon, who has interviewed the prince, said the Duke "knows he has critics" and added: "He has accepted this, and it is this acceptance that has set him free, in many ways.
Kate Middleton ‘stepping out of William’s shadow’ to be 'adored like Princess Diana'
"He is no longer living in fear of the repercussions of existing as himself, as he wants and needs to be. He knows he has made mistakes – who among us hasn’t? – but he now sees that the most efficient way to live is truthfully, and not just by the expectations of others."
Bryony previously got Harry to open up about his mental health battle in the wake of Princess Diana's death in her podcast in 2017.
She was speaking ahead of a new documentary series, The Me You Can't See, he has been working on with Oprah Winfrey and Apple TV+.
The five-part series will premier later this month and "will put to bed any suggestions that the Duke of Sussex regrets the interview with Oprah that was aired in March," Bryony says.
It airs next Friday, May 21 on the streaming platform.
Source: Read Full Article