Pregnant mum loses baby after Ford Fiesta ploughed into her at car meet

A pregnant mum has shared her heartbreak after she tragically lost her baby in a multi-vehicle crash which left her with a bleed on the brain.

Georgia Wood, 22, was with her pals Chloe Boddy and Connor Richards at a car meet on the Flixborough Industrial Estate in Lincolnshire on the weekend.

Ten others were also injured at Scunthorpe Car Meet after a red Ford Fiesta reportedly crashed into the crowd on Saturday ( September 24).

READ MORE Man wrongly fined £70 by 'bully' parking firm as wife lay dying of cancer in hospital

The mum-of-one sadly lost her unborn child and is anxiously waiting to hear about Connor, who is in critical condition at Hull Royal Infirmary.

Georgia, from Rotherham, was six weeks pregnant at the time of the devastating crash, reports Grimbsy Live.

Speaking about the ordeal, she said: "It's all a bit blurry and people have told me what happened. What I remember and what I know is that we originally started off in a car park – we were outside Marks & Spencer – it was a static car meet but then it turned into strips.

"We pulled off and the cars were driving up and down. A gentleman who helped us told me that the red Fiesta came flying down, it hit a Golf and then the Golf spun 180 degrees and hit a white BMW, then the red Fiesta ploughed into us. I don't remember being hit by a car.

"I've lost my baby, but I'll be able to grieve that once I know Connor is okay. I've got a small bleed on my brain and a massive gash to the back of my head which has been glued three times.

"I've got a couple of holes in my knee and it's all swollen and bruised and difficult to walk on, and my ankle and all my side is scraped – but I'm just thankful I'm alive. I've got a little boy at home and it could have been so different.

  • Boy, 3, dies after being 'pushed into lake by aunt' who 'watched for 30 minutes'

"A lot of people have sent me messages to say they were helping, and I've thanked every single one of them, from my friend Chloe and Connor too.

"I'm definitely still in shock, I don't think I'll fully comprehend what's happened for a while. The severity of what happened will not hit me for a bit."

Emergency services attended the scene at 9.10pm and a 17-year-old man was subsequently arrested by Humberside Police on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving.

He has since been released under investigation.

Georgia added: "I just know at this moment in time, every part of my body hurts, but I'm lucky.

"My friend in the ICU is the one I'm worried about, he's the one I'm focusing on. Everything I'm doing at this point is for him.

"It's not nice to read that he's dead and people need to be more conscious of that. I don't want his family seeing that."

Humberside Police have asked anyone with any mobile phone or dashcam footage of the vehicles involved to get in touch.

Inspector John Rickells said: “As part of our investigations, a 17-year-old has been arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving.

"At this time our investigations are at a really early stage, and we will release more information when we are able to do so.

"We are aware that a number of people left the scene prior to emergency services arriving, and they may have witnessed what happened."

To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.


  • Anger as Union Jack set on fire in protest during national day of mourning for the Queen

  • Russians protesting Ukraine war 'set fire to government offices with Molotov cocktails'

  • Wannabe arsonist sets themselves on fire while trying to torch house with kid inside

  • Daredevil pilot killed as plane engulfed in fireball inferno during air race live stream

Source: Read Full Article