Police officer involved in Sarah Everard search shared ‘inappropriate graphic’

A probationary Metropolitan Police officer involved in the Sarah Everard search operation in Kent has been removed from their duties for allegedly sharing an "inappropriate graphic" with colleagues.

The force said a graphic was shared via social media on Friday and was reported by a number of officers "who were concerned by its content".

In a statement, the Met said: "Given the context of the officer's duties at the time, a voluntary referral has been made to the Independent Office for Police Conduct in relation to this matter.

"The PC had been deployed as a cordon officer supporting the search operation in Kent in relation to the murder of Sarah Everard.

"The officer has been removed from these duties and placed in a non-public facing role while inquiries continue.

"The graphic does not contain photographic images, no images of Sarah, nor any other material obtained from or related to the investigation into Sarah's murder."

Assistant Commissioner Nick Ephgrave said: "The MPS expects its officers to behave professionally at all times and this includes how they use social media. I take allegations that any officer or officers have failed to observe these standards very seriously and have referred this matter to the IOPC."

Get latest news headlines delivered free

Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?

We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.

Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

The force added Sarah's family have been made aware of the incident.

Sarah, a marketing manager, had not been seen or heard from since she left her friend's house in Clapham, south London, on the evening of March 3.

On March 10, Met Police officers confirmed human remains had been found outside of Ashford, Kent.

They were formally identified as Sarah's two days later.

Metropolitan PC Wayne Couzens, 48, was arrested at his Kent home on March 9, and charged with the 33-year-old’s kidnap and murder three days later.

On Saturday he was brought in person before Westminster Magistrates' Court.

He was remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on March 16.

Source: Read Full Article