North Korea warns South will ‘PAY dearly’ for doubting Kim’s claim to be Covid-free

Kim Jong-un holds military parade in North Korea

Since the outbreak of COVID-19, Kim Jong-un’s secretive state has continued to claim they have not reported any positive cases of the deadly virus. The World Health Organisation said the country had identified 8,594 suspected coronavirus cases but not one had tested positive.

Last weekend, South Korea’s foreign minister, Kang Kyung-wha, questioned Pyongyang’s claims of not one single case of the virus.

She said the pandemic had made North Korea more “closed” and led to “top-down decision-making”.

Kang Kyung-wha went on claim there is “very little debate on their measures in dealing with Covid-19”.

She told a forum on Saturday: “They still say they do not have any cases, which is hard to believe.

We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.

“So, all signs are the regime is very intensely focused on controlling the disease that they say they do not have.”

But her comments have been met with anger by Kim Jong-un’s sister Kim Yo-jong.

The supreme leader’s sister claimed the comments were “reckless” and accused her of straining an already tense relationship between the nations.

In a statement carried by the official KCNA news agency, Kim Yo-jong said: “It can be seen from the reckless remarks made by [Kang] without any consideration of the consequences that she is too eager to further chill the frozen relations between North and South Korea.”

Kim Yo-jong, a senior official in the ruling Workers’ party whom some describe as the regime’s de facto second-in-command, warned the North will “never forget” Kang Kyung-wha’s words.

She added: “Her real intention is very clear.

“We will never forget her words and she might have to pay dearly for it.”

Following the outbreak of the virus, North Korea has imposed harsh restrictions and draconian measures to curb the spread of the virus.

DON’T MISS 
Kim Jong-un ‘desperate’ for coronavirus treatments  [REVEAL] 

Red Cross evacuates from hermit state as Kim launches brutal crackdown [INSIGHT] 
North Korea PANIC: Kim Jong-un’s coronavirus fear exposed  [COMMENT]

Pyongyang has suspended almost all international flights and cross-border train and road traffic.

Earlier this year, leader Kim Jong-un introduced a draconian rule allowing guards to shoot anyone trying to cross the border.

Pyongyang closed its borders with China and Russia to try and prevent the spread of the virus.

Back in July, North Korea raised its state of emergency to the maximum level.

Foreign diplomats have also left the country as well as staff from the Red Cross.

US Forces Korea (USFK) commander Robert Abrams said at the time: “They’ve got North Korean SOF out there… Strike forces, they’ve got shoot-to-kill orders in place.

“The regime right now – the military – is focused principally on getting their getting recovered and to help mitigate the risk of COVID-19.

“We’re not seeing any indications right now of any sort of lashing out.”

Police have reportedly been sent additional ammunition to help enforce the draconian policy.

Back in September, Kim issued a rare public apology after North Korean soldiers shot dead a South Korean official who drifted across the maritime border.

Source: Read Full Article