South Korea has claimed that North Korea has tested two 'high precision' cruise missiles today (January 25) sparking fresh WW3 fears.
The missile test reportedly took place off the east coast of the reclusive hermit state, resulting in the missiles being flung into the sea.
It is not currently known how far the missile trajectory was or what the purpose of the test was.
In a short statement, South Korea's Joint Chief of Staff said: "North Korea fired two suspected cruise missiles."
It is the fifth missile test North Korea has undertaken this year and the first involving ballistic missiles.
South Korea has said it will investigate the trajectory of the missiles closely with US authorities.
The launch appears to come as sad proof of North Korea's earlier threat to scrap its self-imposed ban on testing long-range missiles and nuclear weapons after tensions mounted with America once again.
Earlier this month, the dictatorship lashed out at American "military threats" and said the country had reached a "danger line".
Leader Kim Jong-un met with powerful North Korean figureheads to discuss potential countermeasures to American hostility, North Korean state media has reported.
The KCNA news agency said: "The hostile policy and military threats of the United States have reached a danger line that cannot be overlooked anymore despite our sincere efforts for maintaining the general tide for the relaxation of tensions".
For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
The policymaking committee is said to have examined whether they should restart "all temporally-suspended activities" and had a rethink of "trust-building measures that we took on our own initiative".
A rethink from the North Korean dictator comes after President Joe Biden's administration announced fresh sanctions on six North Koreans involved in the regime's missile plans.
Source: Read Full Article