We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
Kim disbanded the company after they failed to detect a North Korean refugee returning back to the country after leaving the hermit state. The refugee returned in mid-July and managed to avoid soldiers on the border before turning himself to the Security Department. Due to this huge blunder, Kim has now disbanded the 271st Regiment’s 27th Brigade after failing to pick up the returning citizen.
Not only was the city placed into lockdown, but the families of those border units were also rounded up to be punished.
A source told Radio Free Asia: “The North Korean refugee confessed during the security department’s interrogation that he had not been stopped and had no interruption when crossing the North Korea-China border.
“A military official said that the Supreme Commander’s order to disband the unit was issued after the incident was reported to the supreme command.
“Sometime around then, the second returning refugee incident was reported to the Supreme Command, and the Supreme Commander imposed the strong punishment of disbanding the troops to raise alarm among the entire military.
“Military leaders with the rank of company commander or lower were sentenced to more than 10 years for neglecting their duties as combat-ready border guards.
“They say their family members were loaded into cars and taken to correctional camps without knowing why.”
A local resident also said: “We know that the refugee who came back lived in Chongjin.
“He crossed back into North Korea without any problems and had been staying in his own house for 10 days when he turned himself into the provincial security department.
JUST IN: Kim Jong-un’s sister secretly given NEW powers
“They say he is now in quarantine as a suspected COVID-19 infectee after being questioned.
“But the authorities have not said whether the refugee had only been to China or if he was coming back after having lived in South Korea because they are afraid this information will have a negative impact.”
The man person is now the second refugee to slip past North Korea’s guards and sparked fears they may bring coronavirus into the country.
On July 19, a man who escaped to South Korea in 2017, managed to return to the city and enter his hometown of Kaesong.
Kim Jong-un dead speculation is quashed as ‘new footage’ released [Latest]
Kim Jong-un: North Korean defector’s take on propaganda department [Insight]
North Korea: Kim Yo-jong ‘will be worse dictator than Kim Jong-un’ [Update]
Due to this, the city was placed into lockdown with the state-run newspaper Rodong Sinmun newspaper, declared a national emergency on July 25.
While it is unclear whether the country has been hit by the virus and what its case numbers may be, Kim has warned citizens to prepare for the potential dangers of the virus.
The Supreme Leader also warned the state could soon be hit by a typhoon later this week.
Kim’s announcement comes amid speculation over his health and delegation of certain duties to his sister, Kim Yo-jong.
His sister has become an increasingly prominent figure in the hermit state and according to South Korea’s spy agency, she is now steering overall state affairs.
The agency said: “Kim Jong-un is still maintaining his absolute authority, but some of it has been handed over little by little.”
She was a leading figure to take military action against the South following the discovery of propaganda being sent across the border.
In terms of the Supreme Leader’s health, there have been no further reports on what the potential may be or indeed if it is true.
Source: Read Full Article