Mums 50th descends into chaos as party guest KOd then stamped on by thugs

A mum's 50th birthday celebrations descended into chaos after a party guest was knocked out and stamped on by a thug at a rugby club.

The shocking incident was caught on CCTV, which showed Tyler O'Connell, 29, wounding Dean Lock, at Barry Rugby Club on February 29, 2020.

Cardiff Crown Court were shown footage which provided evidence of O'Connell involving himself in a melee before placing Lock in a headlock.

READ MORE: Man who exposed sexual torture in Russian prisons says Putin tried to assassinate him

O'Connell subsequently punched Lock, who was knocked to the floor unconscious and remained out cold as members of the party attempted to walk past the scene of the shocking altercation.

It was while Lock was on the floor though that another person present at the party, Caine Wells, 30, walked up to Lock and stamped on his leg.

His stomp was so hard that it broke the leg of Lock, who spent four days in hospital receiving treatment following the brutal assault.

He was discharged after having metal rods inserted into his leg and also took time to recover from both a broken nose and a pair of black eyes suffered during the attack.

In a victim personal statement, Lock said the incident had a big impact on his life, describing Wells as "doing a proper number on me".

  • Strange new Facebook scam where parents try to flog 'dead child's' PS5 away for 'free'

His statement continued: "He's ruined my life and I have to walk using crutches. I am left with scars for life, nine scars, which has affected me mentally.

"I am extremely anxious since being assaulted, I'm afraid to bump into them and I'm not able to move to Barry. I'm not able to sleep well and I am in constant pain and I'm unable to take painkillers because of addiction issues. I feel scared to go out."

Lock added that he was in "extreme and constant pain" following the attack, which has rendered him unable to walk more than 200 metres at a time.

O'Connell pleaded guilty to a section 18 wounding and affray, while Wells pleaded guilty to a section 20 wounding.

Addressing O'Connell, who was sentenced to 12 months imprisonment, Judge David Wynn Morgan said: "There was no need for you to become involved in this at all. Instead of standing back you joined that scene of disorder without any hesitation and behaved disgracefully.

"It took a considerable amount of time to calm you down and after that had calmed down outside the premises, without provocation you struck Mr Lock so hard in the face he went straight to the floor and fractured his nose."

Speaking of Wells' attack, for which he was sentenced for three years, Judge Morgan said his part in the attack was "inexcusable" and that he had "stamped down once and hard on his leg causing what can only be described as terrible injuries."

Both were also made subject of a restraining order indefinitely, keeping them out of contact with Lock, WalesOnline reported.

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.


  • Gunmen 'used Diwali fireworks to murder rival drugs gang in terrifying midnight raid'
  • Caged woman livestreamed herself barking and 'squirting urine' in 24-hour protest
  • Cat sworn in as Italian mayor plagued with rigged election claims from fuming opposition
  • Brit scientist turned spare room into 'magic mushroom' factory for his mates
  • Copycat killer dressed as Jason Voorhees brutally murdered teenager found dead in bath

Source: Read Full Article