A mum who has been cleared of knowingly having sex with a 14-year-old boy says the ordeal has "wrecked her life".
Teah Vincent, 32, admitted having sex with the boy on October 21, 2018, but maintains she believed he was over 16 at the time.
She saw the boy and a friend of his playing football near her house in Gloucestershire on October 21, 2018, and offered them a glass of water back at her house.
Once there, she then had sex with one of the boys as his friend waited downstairs.
The court heard she took one of the boys to her bedroom, stripped naked and pulled him down onto her bed where she straddled him and had sex.
On Thursday, Teah was found not guilty of knowingly having sex with an under-age boy.
The jury of eight men and four women found Vincent not guilty of knowingly having sex with an under-age boy, leading to Judge Ian Lawrie QC discharging her.
Speaking following the verdict, Teah told The Sun Online: "This has wrecked my life.
“It’s also wrecked any chance I would have had of a career. I’m too embarrassed now to do anything.
‘Drug kingpin’ Howard Farley evaded police for 35 years using dead baby’s identity
“I feel hot-headed and emotional."
She added that she now wants to put all her energy now into her children and "look after them" as she revealed the harrowing abuse she has received on social media since the incident came to light.
Teah added that she has been left "upset" after receiving messages from people telling her she is a bad mum but that her kids are "her world".
She's now hoping to rebuild her life following the October 2018 incident.
Writing on Facebook, she said: "Not guilty. Thank you everyone that stood behind me and believed me. It's been the hardest two years off [sic] my life.
"Wellcome [sic] 2021 for me and my kids."
Suspect in stolen car chase makes a run for it and ends up neck deep in cow poo
During the trial, Gloucester Crown Court was told that when the children arrived at her house they sat down at the kitchen table and she started to talk about her body and sex.
Prosecutor Christopher Smyth said: "She then invited the younger boy upstairs. He went up thinking there would be a television or some other gaming device while his friend remained downstairs in the kitchen.
"Ms Vincent then took the boy into her bedroom and told him to sit down on the bed. She left the room and reappeared a few moments later having removed her clothes."
Catherine Flint, defending, said: "Ms Vincent had previously spoken to the older boy when he told her he was 18.
26 half-naked 'hostages' found in house after man yelled he'd been kidnapped
"Once the pair were inside the house, she says, the alleged victim told her he was 16."
The verdict came after late evidence emerged in the trial on Wednesday about the false date of birth the boy had given on his Facebook profile.
The youth was recalled to the witness box and explained that he had entered the false date of birth after being given a new phone for his 13th birthday.
Judge Ian Lawrie QC told the jury before they retired: "The issues in the case are straightforward. It comes down to the question of the boy's age.
"The victim was a young virgin and she was a lot older than him, being more than twice his age. Ms Vincent took the lead sexually.
"Ms Vincent stated that the boy was flirting with her before he was taken upstairs to her bedroom. This might seem to be stretching credibility, as he was naive about sexual matters.
"Ms Vincent had never met the boy before, but had seen friends of his who were a lot older than him. She said she believed he was much older."
Source: Read Full Article