Monster croc chomps boy’s leg and drags him under water at family holiday resort

A 12-year-old boy was attacked by a monster crocodile which chomped on his leg and dragged him under water as he was playing hide and seek on a family holiday.

Charlie Buhl was viciously attacked while playing with his mates on the pool deck of Club Med Cancun on June 18, on the tourist resort of Cancun in Mexico.

He was hiding with a pal on a staircase which led to a lagoon when the giant 13ft reptile pounced and yanked Charlie into the water, the Sun reports.

His mum, Jennifer, 50, told People: "Charlie kept grabbing the stairs to try to pull himself up… but couldn't."

She said that her son’s screams were heard by a nearby mum who rushed to help, along with a group of men who came to the rescue.

One began pulling Charlie away from the croc while three others smacked the animal with their fists and feet and covered its eyes with a pillow from the pool deck.

She said: "When they arrived, Charlie was under the water. They couldn't see him."

Charlie told Good Morning America that he vividly remembers the croc "squeezing" his leg and pulling "as hard as it could".

He said: "It felt like I got stabbed. I knew it was real, but I didn't want it to be real. There was nothing I could do. It was so strong.

"At the beginning, it didn't hurt at all. It just felt like if someone grabbed your leg and squeezed it with their hands tightly.

To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.

"It almost felt like its teeth were holding the blood in because it hurt less with its teeth in than when I was on the ground after.

Jennifer said the stairs leading down to the lagoon, often used for excursions at the resort, had a metal gate with "no lock" and "no signs or warnings".

The ambulance took 30 minutes to arrive and Jennifer was told her son's injuries were "extremely serious" and he "would likely lose the leg".

Charlie underwent several operations in a Cancun hospital and doctors heroically managed to save his leg by stapling the open skin flap.

His mother has since praised the resort for covering all of her son's medical expenses, but wants to warn others about the dangers of crocodiles in Mexico.

She said: "It's a massive tourist attraction and there need to be warnings at the airports or hotels. The lagoon also needs to be separated better from the people with so many crocodiles in there."

Charlie added: "I just want people to know that they can die in there."

In a statement, Club Med said it was "deeply saddened by the incident" and "continued to provide assistance to the family".

Source: Read Full Article