Meghan Markle and Prince Harry "set themselves up as rivals" to the Queen and are now "disasters," a royal expert has claimed.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex decided to leave the frontline of the Royal Family earlier on in 2020.
A deal was discussed with senior members of the Royal Family at the Sandringham Summit, where it was decided the couple would be allowed a grace-period.
One condition of the agreement was for Harry and Meghan to work with "the values of Her Majesty."
Since their royal exit, this clause has come into question multiple times as Prince Harry moved to become financially independent.
Journalist Harry Mount even suggested the Sussexes set themselves up as “rivals” to the Queen, and did not represent Her Majesty’s values as promised.
He even went as far to say Prince Harry and Meghan are now “disasters” unlike members of the Royal Family who “are happy to offer Her Majesty steady background support.”
Writing in the Daily Telegraph, Mr Mount said: "The most successful members of the Royal Family are those who — like the Gloucesters, the Wessexes and Princess Alexandra’s Kent brothers — are happy to offer Her Majesty steady background support.
"Those who set themselves up as rivals, like the Sussexes, are disasters."
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry 'set for Archewell live shows', documents reveal
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are now reportedly looking to extend their 12-month Megxit deal with the Duke planning to visit the UK.
According to the Sun, the pair want to turn their 12-month arrangement, which ends on March 21, with Buckingham Palace into a permanent deal.
It is understood the talks will be “less confrontational' than at January's Sandringham summit” and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are said to keen on keeping their royal patronages.
Source: Read Full Article