Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are releasing yet another Netflix show just weeks after their docuseries became a smash hit.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are set to host Live to Lead, a seven-part series featuring interviews with different high-profile world leaders and cultural icons.
And while the series sparked excitement among Sussex fans, some critics claim the release of the series is a calculated rebranding effort.
READ MORE: Kate 'declined' invitation to royal Christmas and gave William ultimatum
Royal expert Eric Schiffer told the Daily Star: "Harry and Meghan are cleverly honouring great leaders to align their brands.
"The master plan is to gain the glow of great cultural leaders and benefit from the position they hold in the minds and hearts of the people.
"But many will see this strategy by Harry and Meghan as a smug con job, powered by attention-seeking desperation for their ultimate desire to be saluted as heroes under the guise of honouring great leaders.
"This is likely to be a giant bomb for Netflix."
Schiffer added that Buckingham Palace, however, would likely see this docuseries in a much more positive light than the Sussexes' last endeavour, which saw them make a barrage of claims against the Royal Family.
Prince Harry 'stormed off in a huff' at royal fan’s Christmas request, book claims
"The Palace will celebrate [with] quiet relief that they won’t face missiles flying off from Netflix screens intent to further directly maim Buckingham Palace," he added.
The Duke and Duchess' debut into the world of TV came on December 8, when they released the first three episodes of their autobiographical series, simply titled Harry & Meghan.
The show quickly became one of the year's stand-out releases, with Netflix announcing it had been the streaming platform's biggest documentary launch to date, with over 175 million hours watched in total.
The Sussexes made a series of accusations against the Royal Family over the show's six episodes, including that William had shouted at his little brother and "terrified" him, and lies had been told to protect other members of the Firm at the expense of the couple.
"It was terrifying to have my brother scream and shout at me and my father say things that simply weren’t true, and my grandmother quietly sit there and sort of take it all in," Harry said.
This upcoming release will have little to do with the Firm, however.
Backed by the Mandela Foundation, the ex-working royals will sit down with leaders from across various industries – including the late Associate Justice of the Supreme Court Ruth Bader Ginsburg, climate activist Greta Thunberg and South Africa’s national rugby union team captain Siya Kolisi – for seven in-depth interviews.
And this time, the Sussexes will be the ones asking the questions.
Live to Lead is set to launch just three weeks after Harry & Meghan came to our screens after the couple reportedly signed a $100million (£83million) deal with Netflix in 2020.
In the show's upcoming trailer, Harry says: "This was inspired by Nelson Mandela, who once said: 'What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.'"
Meghan is heard chiming in: "It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead."
To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.
Harry and Meghan talk strictly off limits for royals at Christmas or 'it ends in tears'
King Charles snubs Harry and Meghan in Christmas speech near Queen's grave
Harry and Meghan 'exploiting' royal titles as critics call for them to be stripped
Harry turns into 'small distressed child' after William text in Netflix doc, says expert
Source: Read Full Article