A trip to the vet revealed that a woman's Beagle-Harrier cross had managed to swallow nine socks – with not a single pair among them.
Fortunately, the lucky pup survived the ordeal despite scoffing on so many socks, all of which were safely removed with the help of the vet.
Owner Lucy Elliott said that she's always worried about her pup Beau and was concerned after she spotted him swallow a sock whole. Imagine her surprise when the vet found an entire family's worth of footwear in his tummy.
She immediately rang her Vets4Pets office in Lisburn, Co Antrim, Northern Ireland, and was advised to check Beau in for an examination as soon as possible.
Vets were concerned a sock could create damage in his gut and it would have to be removed either by inducing vomiting, surgery or something more natural.
With no sign of the sock making an appearance before the vet visit, Beau was given a solution to make him sick, Mirror reports.
And within minutes he started to feel nauseous and then the sound every dog owner dreads – the pooch retch.
But instead of one sock making an appearance, it was followed by another, then another until with his belly empty Beau had regurgitated NINE socks – and not a pair amongst them.
Join our brand new sister website TeamDogs today!
It's a place where you can share a picture of your dog in our Top Dogs feed and share your doggy advice.
Sharing the story on their Facebook, Vets4Pets Lisburn wrote: “Beau’s owners got in touch when they saw him eat a sock.
“We advised to bring him in so we could make him sick as there was a danger the sock could become lodged in his intestine.
“Much to everyone’s surprise, he not only brought up one sock, not two but nine!”
“Here he is looking very sorry for himself. Lets hope he has learned to stay clear of socks from now on.”
Alongside the post, the practice shared a photo of Beau with his hang dog look perfected, along with the evidence lined up in front of him.
Practice Manager of Vets4Pets Lisburn Christina Cozmescu, says Beau is back to his bouncing self after the incident.
She said: “Beau is doing really well and has not suffered any ill effects from his ordeal thanks to the quick action taken by his owners.”
Source: Read Full Article