King Charles is hoping to "strike an agreement" with Prince William in the hopes of having Prince Harry at the upcoming coronation in May, an insider claims.
It appears the current King is turning to the Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby, to begin talks that could see the Duke of Sussex appear at another royal event.
Welby has allegedly been tasked with brokering peace between the warring brothers, with speculation arising over whether the Duke of Sussex and wife Meghan Markle will make an appearance at King Charles' coronation.
READ MORE: Meghan Markle's concerns about Harry's book 'totally warranted' as popularity divebombs
The coronation, which is due to take place in May, may feature both brothers in what could be their first joint engagement since the release of Spare.
Fears on William's side appear to have been aired, much of it to do with how scripted Harry's visit would be and how much of the spotlight he would steal.
An insider told the Mail on Sunday: "The issue of substance is whether they attend the Coronation, and if they do, under what terms and conditions.
"The family is split, and all the indications are that Harry is being advised to agree to nothing at this stage and 'play it long' right up to the last minute, which is making negotiations with him very difficult.
"Harry's camp made clear that the idea that he would just attend the Coronation and behave himself but then be stripped of his titles was a total non-starter."
Black bear has rangers in stitches after taking more than 400 selfies on wildlife cam
Welby has since been tasked with the peace brokerage, with the Archbishop of Canterbury having previously carried out the wedding service between Meghan and Harry.
The source added that Harry was furious with how he had found himself "lumped in" with Prince Andrew.
The unnamed source, speaking to DailyMail, said: "While he might decide at some point to discard his titles of his own volition, he objects to the idea of being forcibly stripped of them.
"He resents being lumped together with Andrew in the public mind as the two 'problem Princes', when he considers the circumstances to be totally different."
For the latest breaking news from the Royal Family and stories from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here .
- 'Wannabe Batmobile' seized after revving around city centre without insurance
- Driver's miracle escape after devastating smash left car mangled and crushed
- Prince Harry could be set to return for UK wedding of his 'unofficial best man'
- Man steals funeral home van as corpse thrown into street 100 miles away from theft
- Harry and Meghan may find Spotify and Netflix 'more demanding' after Spare bombshells
Source: Read Full Article