Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Xmas plans ruined by Tier 4 announcement

Prince William and Kate Middleton's Christmas plans have been ruined by the new coronavirus restrictions.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were reportedly set to travel to her parents' family home in Bucklebury, Berkshire, on December 25.

When the county was placed in Tier 3, they offered to host the festivities at their home in Amner Hall in Norfolk instead.

They have now been forced to cancel their plans after Berkshire was moved up to Tier 4, the Daily Mail reported.

The Cambridges left Kensington Palace for Amner Hall last week and were set to welcome Kate's sister Pippa who recently revealed she was pregnant with her second child.

Just before leaving London, Kate and Wills kept in the Christmas spirit by taking their kids to a pantomime, the Sun reported.

The family-of-five walked arm in arm together on the red carpet at the London Palladium to thank key workers.

Kate and William, both 38, had recently admitted they were struggling over their Christmas plans.

While on their royal "thanks" tour of the UK, the couple said they had been tossing up options.

William told the students: "It is so difficult, we are still trying to make plans.

  • Prince William and Kate escaped London for country home before Tier 4 lockdown

"It’s difficult to know what to do for the best."

They have now been forced to cancel their festive fun after travel in and out of Tier 4 areas is banned under the new rules.

Christmas bubbles and overnight stays outside the home within the Tier were also banned by Boris Johnson on Saturday.

It means the Cambridges will celebrate December 25 as a family of five with George, seven, Charlotte, five and Louis, two.

Meanwhile, the Queen will spend Christmas with Prince Philip at Windsor Castle for the first time in 33 years.

Her Majesty, 94, usually spends the festive season with her whole family at Sandringham.

Source: Read Full Article