Join the Secret Elves to discover the best shopping deals and things to do this Christmas
Tens of millions of Brits now face tougher coronavirus restrictions after the emergence of a new strain – with Christmas plans thrown into chaos.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson confirmed the new Tier 4 measures today during a dramatic Covid-19 briefing today.
They will be introduced on Sunday morning, December 20, in London and the south-east of England.
Johnson said: “I know how much emotion people invest in this time of year, and how important it is, for instance, for grandparents to see their grandchildren, for families to be together.
"So I know how disappointing this will be. But we have said throughout this pandemic that we must and we will be guided by the science.
"When the science changes, we must change our response."
Which areas are going into Tier 4?
- Surrey (excluding Waverley)
- The boroughs of Gosport, Havant, Portsmouth, Rother and Hastings
- All 32 London boroughs and the city of London
- Central Bedfordshire
- Milton Keynes
- Essex (excluding Colchester, Uttlesford and Tendring)
Twisted 'Twitter Killer' who chopped up eight women on hunt for a wife before his execution
What are the new rules?
- Travel ban enforced by law with no overnight stays outside home
- No Christmas bubbles
- One person can meet one other person outside
- Ban on international travel except from work
- Working from home unless it is not possible
- Non-essential shops will be shut
- Indoor leisure, including gyms and swimming pools, will be shut
- Indoor entertainment such as cinemas and bowling alleys will be shut
- Beauty services, such as hairdressers and nail bars, will be shut
- Boris Johnson
Source: Read Full Article