A company boss' funeral turned into a mass brawl leaving blood splattered across a nearby bus shelter.
Police were called to a wake in Reading, Berks, at around 11:30pm on Friday after a fight involving 30 mourners left five people injured.
Spilling onto the street, a car crash added to the mayhem which witnesses claim ended with officers removing from the scene a Mercedes car, reports The Sun.
A neighbour said: "It was [a] funeral yesterday and there was a wake which ended up in chaos.
"Paramedics and police were called and there was a lot of blood in a bus shelter where someone was either stabbed or beaten.
"There was a Mercedes car which was involved in a crash with another vehicle.
"Loads of police arrived in vans and patrol cars and there was a lot going on for a while."
Two men aged 31 and 29-years-old had been arrested in relation to the incident by Saturday evening.
A 31-year-old man from Reading has been arrested on suspicion of assault and drink/drunk driving and dangerous driving.
Daily Star's newsletter brings you the biggest and best stories – sign up today
A 29-year-old man from Wokingham has also been arrested on suspicion of affray.
Both remain in custody at this time.
Following the violent disorder, Thames Valley Police imposed a Section 60 Order on the area, granting them additional powers to stop and search suspects.
None of the seven people hurt are believed to have suffered life-threatening or life-changing injuries.
Detective Superintendent Rebecca Mears, said: “This will understandably cause concern in the local community but I would like for members of the public to be reassured that this Order is in place to prevent any re-occurrence of such incidents.
“Using these increased powers, officers are able to stop and search anybody within a defined area while it is activated, with or without reasonable grounds to do so.
"Please don’t be worried if you are stopped by an officer, as this does not mean that you are in trouble.
“Do not hesitate to speak to one of our officers with any concerns that you may have. They will be happy to address these with you and also offer any advice or reassurance.”
Cops have asked for any footage which captured the fight to be uploaded to their online evidence portal.
Senior investigating officer Detective Chief Inspector Matthew Darnell, said: “This was a large disorder involving a number of men.
“We are carrying out a thorough investigation and following a number of lines of enquiry and will be looking to trace anyone involved with this incident.
“We have made two arrests at this time in connection with this incident. They remain in custody at this time.
“We are appealing for anyone with witness information, CCTV or mobile phone footage to please come forward.
“If you have footage please upload it online to our online evidence portal.
“Anyone with information should call 101 or report online quoting reference 43200420451 or if anyone wishes to report anonymously they can so by calling the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.”
Source: Read Full Article