Dad who campaigned for murdered daughter dies after ‘falling onto Samurai sword’

A well-known and popular dad whose daughter was murdered at the age of three was found at the bottom of the stairs at his home with a three a 3ft Samurai sword through his stomach.

Kieron Bimpson died after being seriously injured "falling onto" the sword at his home in Huyton, Merseyside

The 48-year-old was discovered on July 31 at the address when his son Kieron Jnr, 25, was awoken by a noise and went to investigate.

Mr Bimpson was found with the 3ft Samurai sword "lodged in his abdomen", the Liverpool Echo reports.

Paramedics rushed to the scene and took Mr Bimpson to Aintree Hospital, but tragically he was later pronounced dead.

Mr Bimpson became a well-known figure in Liverpool after the murder of his daughter Francesca, who died after a large house fire in Everton in December 2008.

Graham Heaps torched the home by pouring petrol through the letterbox after being consumed by a jealous rage when Francesca’s aunt ended their short relationship.

But he knew her parents, along with their four young children, were asleep inside.

  • Girl, 16, 'gang raped by 30 men in hotel room as they filmed attack'

Mr Bimpson's inquest was opened at Bootle Town Hall on Thursday, August 20, where coroner's officer Alby Howard-Murphy told how police received a call from ambulance staff, just after 2am, requesting assistance at Mardale Road.

He said: "A 47-year-old man had fallen onto a knife," adding Mr Bimpson had gone into cardiac arrest, with serious bleeding, and it was felt the injury was likely to prove fatal.

Mr Bimpson's cause of death was given as "penetrating stab injuries to the abdomen."

Mr Howard-Murphy told Coroner Julie Goulding how Kieron Jnr told police that his dad was "struggling following the death of his sister Francesca Bimpson in 2008."

  • 7 billionaires including Amazon's Jeff Bezos made £227bn during Covid pandemic

The inquest was adjourned until a later date, and Mrs Goulding asked Mr Howard-Murphy: "Can you pass my sincere condolences to the family?"

Mr Bimpson was relentless in his fight for justice after his daughter's death.

Years later, he set up the Francesca Bimpson Foundation, a registered charity, which aims to help families who’ve lost loved ones by creating a one-stop shop for anyone who is a victim of serious crime.

The organisation opened two centres in Huyton and a HQ on Dale Street in Liverpool city centre.

Heaps was sentenced for life for the murder, and ordered to serve a minimum term of 28 years.

Heap, whose actions were described by a judge as "wicked, vengeful, and cowardly," will be 72 before he can be considered for parole.

Mr Bimpson last spoke to the ECHO in April, at around the time of what would have been Francesca's 15th birthday.

He said his anger towards the labourer would never relent, describing his crime as "heinous and unforgivable".

He added: "Hopefully, he will never see the light of day."

Source: Read Full Article