Trump Facebook ban: Commentator blasts Nick Clegg involvement
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Author and political commentator Douglas Murray did not hold back when he attacked former deputy prime minister Nick Clegg after he delivered Facebook’s statement on Donald Trump’s suspension from the platform. Mr Murrary branded Nick Clegg and “creep and cretin” before listing his multitude of failures in office. He added the recent suspension was an “enormous global upgrade” for the former UK politician during a brutal put-down.
Speaking on Fox News, Mr Murray discussed Trump’s suspension and said: “Yes, Mark Zuckerberg sends out one of his vice-presidents, the vice-president for global affairs, a man called Nick Clegg.
“Who announced that we believe Donald Trump’s actions constitute a severe violation of our rules which mode the highest penalty available.
“Many of your viewers will be wondering who this creep and cretin is, I know because I’ve followed this creep and cretin for years.
“He used to be our deputy prime minister in the country of my birth, Great Britain.
“He was chucked out by the British electorate because he was widely unpopular.
“He was then chucked out by his own constituents so he wasn’t even in the House of Commons.”
Mr Clegg surprisingly lost his constituency seat of Sheffield Hallam in 2017 which he has held for 12 years.
He lost it to Labour’s Jared O’Mara and lost by 2,125.
Donald Trump ‘still has a message’ says expert
Mr Murray continued: “But now he gets to say what the former president of the United States can say where and when.
“So in some ways I can congratulate him for his enormous global upgrade where he can decide who can say what across the globe – it is an amazing promotion.”
Facebook announced last Friday it would be suspending Donald Trump due to fears of public safety.
The former president has been suspended since January following the riots at Capitol Hill after his election loss.
Trump sends Twitter into meltdown after blog closure – ‘Sad!’ [UPDATE]
Joe Biden ‘has a Europe problem’ bloc warned before EU and US row [INSIGHT]
Trump hits out at Biden border policy as migration reaches ‘highest’ [LATEST]
But an independent board made up of advisers and academics pushed for the suspension to be extended to two years.
Mr Trump has also been suspended from Twitter for the riots also.
The former Republican leader has also called for China to pay reparations of “at least ten trillion dollars” to countries following the pandemic.
Mr Trump has also hinted at a return to politics after he delivered a speech to supporters earlier this week.
He told supporters: “I want to thank everybody for the tremendous support you’ve shown.
“We’re going to take back the Senate and take back the House, we’re going to take back the White House, and sooner than you think, it’s going to be really something special.
“But the love and the affection and the respect that you’ve given all of us is really important.
“The Republican Party is stronger than it’s ever been and it’s going to be a lot stronger than it is right now.”
Source: Read Full Article